The Thursday Quiz!
The Thursday Quiz is, as always, a "Is It or Isn't It" game. From the list of twelve items, your job is to determine whether each IS or ISN'T in the week's category.
Remember always your manners:
No research, Googling, Wikiing, or use of reference books. The Thursday
Quiz is a POP quiz. Violators will be cast forth from the tribe.
This Week's Category has mastery of both color and composition!
Clarification: In the labels, the artists are all accurately matched with their paintings. But, does the label match the image of the painting below it? Aye, there's the rub.
1. Arrangement in Gray and Black: Portrait of the Artist's Mother, by James Whistler
2. The Birth of Venus, by Sandro Botticelli
3. Garden of Earthly Delights, by Hieronymus Bosch
4. Girl with a Pearl Earring, by Jan Vermeer
5. Hunters in the Snow, by Pieter Bruegel
6. The Kiss by Gustav Klimt
7. Nighthawks, by Edward Hopper
8. Number 1, 1950 (Lavender Mist), by Jackson Pollock
9. The Persistence of Memory, by Salvador Dali
10. The Scream, by Edvard Munch
11. Starry Night, by Vincent Van Gogh
12. A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte, by Georges Seurat
Submit your answers, either in words or in the form of a masterfully painted canvas, as a comment.