The Thursday Quiz is an "Is It or Isn't It" game. From the list of twelve items, your job is to determine whether each IS or ISN'T a true example of the week's category.
Remember always the enduring values:
No research, Googling, Wikiing, or use of reference books. The Thursday Quiz is a POP quiz. Violators will emerge almost entirely intact at the bottom of a glacier, centuries hence.This Week's Category will seem like it lasts forever!
Periods of Geologic Time
Some of the following are genuine periods of time recognized by geologists and other brainy science types everywhere. Others I just made up. Which is which?
1. Saurian. 720 to 542 million years ago
2. Cambrian. 542 to 288 million years ago
3. Silurian. 444 to 416 million years ago
4. Essexian. 416 to 360 million years ago
5. Carboniferous. 360 to 300 million years ago
6. Triassic. 250 to 200 million years ago
7. Jurassic. 200 to 145 million years ago
8. Cretaceous. 145 to 65 million years ago
9. Paleogene. 65 to 23 million years ago
10. Verdinian. 23 to 12 million years ago
11. Oleolithic. 12 to 2.6 million years ago
12. Quaternary. 2.6 million years ago to right now
Post your answers in the comments.