Note: You are not allowed to take this quiz if you are married to me.
1. I have read Marcel Proust's "Rememberance of Things Past" -- although, regretably, only in translation -- from start to finish. Three times.
2. When I was 20, I wanted to join the local symphony so badly that I copied commercial recordings and submitted them as my audition tapes. I was accepted but was instantly found out at my first practice -- one of the most humiliating moments of my life -- and politely but firmly asked to leave.
3. My high school girlfriend is now married to Bill Gates' nephew.
4. I was nuts about ATVs until I flipped one several years back and broke my leg. I sold it the next day and haven't been back on an ATV since.
5. Unlike most kids raised on a farm, I never got used to the idea of slaughtering animals; this is why I'm a vegetarian today.
6. I was arrested, though never charged, for aggressively heckling then candidate George Bush Sr. at a University of Oregon campus campaign stop in 1988.
7. During my three-year career as a college professor, I was voted campus teacher of the year twice.
8. I applied for and was offered a position at the Naval Academy; however, having discovered pacifism during my senior year of high school, I then declined to attend.
9. I am fascinated by diplomacy and usually spend a couple of hours every week on the State Department website, checking out communiques and policy statements.
10. I am the "dungeon master" for a large group of (mostly closeted) role game enthusiasts; we meet twice a month, and play until well after midnight.
Monday Night Weigh-In!
Fitness-Type Activities Engaged in this week: none, really, although I rode my bike to work every day. Still slowly mulling whether I want to join a gym.
Diet-Type Activities: PRO: In general, I've been eating slightly smaller portions, without much snacking. The heat, which discourages exercise, also suppresses appetite. Also, good veggie intake this week. Including tomatos! CON: Mrs.5000 feels, correctly, that I'm taking in too many coffee sugarbombs.
Weight: 210.2 lbs, which is -.4 lbs from last week. I can't tell you where it is relative to plan, because I haven't redone my plan yet. NOTE: Yes, having a "plan" is silly. But it's how I roll.