What do Gabo and Fragonard have in common? Resentment of Caspar David Friedrich, that's what. He gave both of them their first loss in the Tournament; now, one of them will inflict a second loss on the other. Who will live to see the Fourth Round?
Gabo got here by knocking Jacques-Louis David out of the Tournament with a strange 2-2-3 record; the guy just couldn't stop tying. Meanwhile, David Hockney fell out after losing to Fragonard. Hockney's final record with 3-2-1.
1890 - 1977
- Thumped on 15th century French guy Nicolas Froment in Round 1.
- Took a drubbing from Caspar David Friedrich in Round 2.
- Crushed Sam Francis in the Left Bracket Second Round.
- Beat up on Dame Elisabeth Frink in Left Bracket Second Round Elimination.
- Snuck by Jacques-Louis David by a two-vote swing in the Left Bracket Third Round. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
1732 - 1806
- Beat American Sam Francis without too much trouble in Round 1.
- Won a close one against Helen Frankenthaler in Round 2.
- Crushed by Caspar David Friedrich in Round 3.
- Beat David Hockney in the Left Bracket Third Round by a two-vote swing. YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!!
Vote for the artist of your choice in the comments, or any other way that works for you. Commentary and links to additional work are welcome. Polls open for at least one month past posting.