Deadline for Event #2: Saturday 5/2, Noon PDT.
Deadline for Event #4: Friday 5/1, Noon PDT.
Deadline for Event #5: Tuesday 5/5, 9 pm PDT.
It’s Event #5, which in a salute to all of those other, lesser Decathlons out there, involves:
Between now and the deadline, do something "athletic"! Report back on your performance. Include a brief description of what you did, including any special or mitigating factors that make it more impressive.
- The fact that I ran a mile is made more remarkable because I had not hitherto raised myself from the couch in the previous four months, or
- My winning the title surprised a lot of people, since I have only been boxing for three months, or
- You should respect that I even THOUGHT about doing the laundry so soon after the operation, or
Send 'em to:
The deadline is 9 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Tuesday, May 5.
Entries will be judged by a jury of two, michael5000 and a person whose profession is kind of related to physical fitness who, although she doesn't know it yet, has been recruited for the occasion. They will judge entries according to:
- their overall impressiveness relative to the general human population.
- equally, their impressiveness for the specific person involved.
- and to a lesser extent, the wit, charm, panache, splendor, etc., of the description.
Scoring: The overall winner will be awarded 25 Decathlon points. The second-place winner will receive 23 points, the third-place winner 22 points, the fourth place winner 21 points, and so on. At fifth place and below, entries may (and very likely will) be grouped in ties.
Questions? The rules committee is at your service!